Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
ACC Senior Services is the new Sacramento County office for the NAPCA Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP).Nationally, SCSEP is the largest federally-funded program specifically targeting low-income older adults seeking employment and training assistance. SCSEP participants receive on-the-job training at SCSEP "Host Agencies," which are local 501(c)(3) non-profits and government agencies. Participants build job skills and self-confidence, while earning a modest income.
The dual purposes of NAPCA SCSEP are to provide community service through Host Agencies while also improving participants’ skills to help them to find unsubsidized employment.
For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (916) 503-5390.
Facts about SCSEP
- Eligible low-income adults 55 years-of-age and older will be assigned to a Host Agency (non-profit or government organization) where they will be provided supervision and training.
- Participants will work part-time (work weeks typically vary between 15 and 20 hours).
- Participants will be paid the local minimum wage.
- Skills learned through training sessions and placements with Host Agencies will be useful in helping participants to transition into unsubsidized employment.
- Participants are expected to register with a local job center and actively seek employment while enrolled in NAPCA SCSEP.